LeDay's 20 and 10 lead Virginia Tech past Pitt, 65-61
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) — The last of Zach LeDay's 20 points on Wednesday night was not decisive, but may still have been the biggest of them all.
LeDay stopped a meltdown from the free throw line in the last 10 minutes, making the second of two attempts with 19.4 seconds remaining, and Virginia Tech held on to beat Pittsburgh 65-61, the Hokies' fourth consecutive victory.
"It was surreal to watch, but we just realized we needed to get it back on defense," LeDay said of watching the Hokies miss 10 of 15 free throws in the last 10 minutes and seeing the Panthers shrink a 12-point... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant