Legislature schedules Saturday sessions to work on Abbott agenda
AUSTIN -- The Texas Legislature labors into the 26th day of the 30-day special session on Saturday with more than three-quarters of Gov. Greg Abbott's priority items still unresolved.
Lawmakers have sent Abbott just three of the 20 items he demanded they pass during the special session. The session is set to end on Wednesday.
During a rare Saturday session, the Senate is expected to meet at 5 p.m. to take up legislation on property tax reform and school finance reform.
The House, meanwhile, goes into session at 3 p.m. to take up similar property tax reforms and a bill to clarify the state's... read more
- 18:44 LIVE: Watch the Phoenix Rising FC playoff game
- 18:44 Moon Valley football player in critical condition after collapsing...
- 18:19 Trump plans to help with Russia legal bills
- 18:19 Funeral held for US soldier at center of Trump fight
- 17:49 Game Day: Goalie Louis Domingue returns to Coyotes' crease vs....
- 17:07 Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- 17:07 Mayor Garcetti taking his Los Angeles gig national
- 15:53 Gilbert Highland overcomes Jack Plummer, Gilbert 41-34
- 14:06 Trump celebrates IS defeat in Raqqa
- 12:09 What you need to know about the Krack Wi-Fi hack