Legislature schedules Saturday sessions to work on Abbott agenda
AUSTIN -- The Texas Legislature labors into the 26th day of the 30-day special session on Saturday with more than three-quarters of Gov. Greg Abbott's priority items still unresolved.
Lawmakers have sent Abbott just three of the 20 items he demanded they pass during the special session. The session is set to end on Wednesday.
During a rare Saturday session, the Senate is expected to meet at 5 p.m. to take up legislation on property tax reform and school finance reform.
The House, meanwhile, goes into session at 3 p.m. to take up similar property tax reforms and a bill to clarify the state's... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator