Legislature schedules Saturday sessions to work on Abbott agenda
AUSTIN -- The Texas Legislature labors into the 26th day of the 30-day special session on Saturday with more than three-quarters of Gov. Greg Abbott's priority items still unresolved.
Lawmakers have sent Abbott just three of the 20 items he demanded they pass during the special session. The session is set to end on Wednesday.
During a rare Saturday session, the Senate is expected to meet at 5 p.m. to take up legislation on property tax reform and school finance reform.
The House, meanwhile, goes into session at 3 p.m. to take up similar property tax reforms and a bill to clarify the state's... read more
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded