Legislature schedules Saturday sessions to work on Abbott agenda
AUSTIN -- The Texas Legislature labors into the 26th day of the 30-day special session on Saturday with more than three-quarters of Gov. Greg Abbott's priority items still unresolved.
Lawmakers have sent Abbott just three of the 20 items he demanded they pass during the special session. The session is set to end on Wednesday.
During a rare Saturday session, the Senate is expected to meet at 5 p.m. to take up legislation on property tax reform and school finance reform.
The House, meanwhile, goes into session at 3 p.m. to take up similar property tax reforms and a bill to clarify the state's... read more
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot
- 04:45 Family separation policy starts dividing Republicans
- 03:27 First lady Melania Trump "hates" to see families separated
- 02:59 Prosecutor: 1 suspect dead and 20 people injured, four of them...
- 02:28 French media: Woman crying "God is great" has injured 2 with box...
- 02:15 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 02:15 Giuliani says Trump may consider pardons after Russia probe
- 01:30 In DC primary, minimum wage is the main topic of discussion
- 22:14 Melania Trump 'hates' to see families separated at border