Lesser-known Democrats seek breakthrough in Iowa
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Maryland Congressman John Delaney is little more than a face in the crowd at the Iowa State Fair this week.
Such is the burden of the dozen or so little-known Democrats who have begun making visits to the early presidential nominating states, while the party's stars and rising national figures stay away for now.
Delaney toured the fair inconspicuously Friday, one of several Democrats planning to visit the popular stop for would-be presidential candidates.
Despite his anonymity, Delaney has done more in Iowa than his prospective rivals recently: He's visited the... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...