Letters to the editor: Trayvon, Scouts, tax code
As someone who was living in Washington, D.C., during the riots following the assassination of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., I was appalled to hear a local minister being interviewed on NPR equate Trayvon Martin's death to the deaths of King and Medgar Evers, another civil-rights leader who was assassinated.
Her comment raises a serious question. If George Zimmerman is acquitted of killing Trayvon Martin, will the black community resort to violence? I hope it doesn't, as doing that would only reinforce racist views.
The same leaders who have led the fight for justice for Trayvon Martin... read more
- 02:59 Mueller probe gets info from ex-Trump lawyer Cohen
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches