LGBT league shows kickball isn't just for kids
CLOSE Most of us know what LGBT means. But what are the extra letters at the end of the acronym?
A Phoenix-based league of LGBT adults has put a grown-up spin on the grade-school game of kickball — complete with mimosas and beer.
The Phoenix Fire Kickball League, established to "foster self-respect, education, and understanding of the LGBTQ community," launched its Spring 2018 season Sunday with more than 200 players and plenty of refreshments.
"It's just really fun," league founder Jill Hovey said before the games began at Encanto Park. "A lot of us are... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals