LGBTQ candidates advance in Texas primaries
AUSTIN -- Thirty-five of the record-setting 49 LGBTQ candidates who filed for office in the 2018 elections are still in the running, and fourteen were knocked out in Tuesday's primary, a new tally showed Thursday.
Ten LGBTQ candidates advanced to runoffs or the general election, led by Democratic gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez and four candidates for Congress.
The others are running in local races.
According to OutSmart, an LGBTQ magazine in Houston that reported the same tallies, LGBTQ candidates who advanced to runoffs for congressional seats include Democrats Lorie Burch in... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...