Lions CB Rashean Mathis retires from NFL
Detroit Lions cornerback Rashean Mathis is retiring from the NFL after 13 seasons, he announced through the team today.
Mathis, 35, played the last three seasons with the Lions and was a steady performer when he was on the field.
He started 36 of the 38 games in which he appeared with the Lions but missed the second half of last season with a brain injury that landed him on injured reserve.
Mathis said after the season that he had recovered from that injury but admitted retirement was a possibility.
"I’m as healthy as can be," Mathis said after the season. "Whatever decision... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike