Lions CB Rashean Mathis retires from NFL
Detroit Lions cornerback Rashean Mathis is retiring from the NFL after 13 seasons, he announced through the team today.
Mathis, 35, played the last three seasons with the Lions and was a steady performer when he was on the field.
He started 36 of the 38 games in which he appeared with the Lions but missed the second half of last season with a brain injury that landed him on injured reserve.
Mathis said after the season that he had recovered from that injury but admitted retirement was a possibility.
"I’m as healthy as can be," Mathis said after the season. "Whatever decision... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia