Lions kicker Jason Hanson retires after 21 seasons
Allen Park - Jason Hanson, the Lions all-time scoring leader, has decided to retire after 21 seasons.He told the team's website that linger effects of a heel injury he sustained last season, and not the team's current contract offer, was the reason.
"It was time to make a decision," Hanson told DetroitLions.com Thursday afternoon. "It was the right time to step away. Ultimately, it's my heel -- the problem I developed last year. Now that we're starting a new year, it's still an issue.
"I have the desire. I have the determination, as I said earlier, to come back."... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents