Lions kicker Jason Hanson retires after 21 seasons
Allen Park - Jason Hanson, the Lions all-time scoring leader, has decided to retire after 21 seasons.He told the team's website that linger effects of a heel injury he sustained last season, and not the team's current contract offer, was the reason.
"It was time to make a decision," Hanson told DetroitLions.com Thursday afternoon. "It was the right time to step away. Ultimately, it's my heel -- the problem I developed last year. Now that we're starting a new year, it's still an issue.
"I have the desire. I have the determination, as I said earlier, to come back."... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft