Little-known Democratic 2020 hopefuls make early Iowa visits
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — John Delaney wasn't slowed by a crush of national political press that sometimes swarms presidential candidates at the Iowa State Fair. Quite the opposite.
"Who is that?" retired child psychologist Bernard Wiesemann of Des Moines said Friday as the three-term Maryland congressman — and declared candidate for the 2020 presidential nomination — strode down the fair's busy Grand Concourse.
"It's John Somebody, right?" said Linda Gundlach, who sold Delaney lemonade at the popular Steer 'N Stein watering hole near the grandstand. "I was wondering... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...