Look Back ... to a new era in the life of The Peerless, 1991
March 9, 1941, in The Star: A telegram from Alabama Sen. Lister Hill yesterday revealed that President Roosevelt has approved a $94,000 WPA project to enlarge and improve the Anniston municipal airport. “This means,” said A. J. Goodwin, chairman of the Anniston airport committee, “that if workers can be obtained and clerical work completed in the Montgomery WPA offices, work can possibly be started on the project within the next 15 or 20 days.” The application provides for three new landing strips in addition to the two now in use. Each would exceed 3,000 feet in length.
March 9, 1991, in... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...