Look Back ... to a new era in the life of The Peerless, 1991
March 9, 1941, in The Star: A telegram from Alabama Sen. Lister Hill yesterday revealed that President Roosevelt has approved a $94,000 WPA project to enlarge and improve the Anniston municipal airport. “This means,” said A. J. Goodwin, chairman of the Anniston airport committee, “that if workers can be obtained and clerical work completed in the Montgomery WPA offices, work can possibly be started on the project within the next 15 or 20 days.” The application provides for three new landing strips in addition to the two now in use. Each would exceed 3,000 feet in length.
March 9, 1991, in... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions