Los Angeles Angels set to unveil two-way star Shohei Ohtani, the 'Babe Ruth of Japan'
CLOSE SI's Ben Reiter says Shohei Ohtani can account for enough wins to make the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim a true contender.
The “Babe Ruth of Japan” is here.
Later today, the Los Angeles Angels will introduce their new two-way star, Shohei Ohtani, during a news conference in Tempe that is expected to draw more than 100 journalists from around the world.
That's because Ohtani is set to try something that hasn't been done with any real regularity in almost 100 years - be a starting pitcher and a regular hitter in the major leagues. The 23-year-old starred as a right-handed ace and a... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez