Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Louisville says that 7-foot sophomore forward/center Anas Mahmoud will miss the remainder of this season with a sprained right ankle.
The school said in a release that Mahmoud sustained the injury after stepping on another player's foot during practice on Monday. X-rays were negative for a break, but the estimated three to six weeks of recovery will keep the Egyptian native out of the No. 18 Cardinals' final six games.
Louisville on Feb. 5 announced a self-imposed ban from this year's postseason after an investigation into an escort's allegations that a former staffer... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing