Louvre Museum names antiquities expert as new director
The Musee du Louvre -- the world's most-attended art museum -- has named Jean-Luc Martinez as its new director. Martinez has most recently served as the head of the museum's department of Greek, Etruscan and Roman antiquities. He is expected to succeed Henri Loyrette starting April 15.
Martinez's appointment, which the Paris museum announced this week, was made by French President Francois Hollande. He beat out two other candidates -- Sylvie Ramond, director of the Musee des beaux-arts de Lyon, and Laurent le Bon, president of the Centre Pompidou Metz.
FULL COVERAGE: 2013 Spring arts... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings