Louvre Museum names antiquities expert as new director
The Musee du Louvre -- the world's most-attended art museum -- has named Jean-Luc Martinez as its new director. Martinez has most recently served as the head of the museum's department of Greek, Etruscan and Roman antiquities. He is expected to succeed Henri Loyrette starting April 15.
Martinez's appointment, which the Paris museum announced this week, was made by French President Francois Hollande. He beat out two other candidates -- Sylvie Ramond, director of the Musee des beaux-arts de Lyon, and Laurent le Bon, president of the Centre Pompidou Metz.
FULL COVERAGE: 2013 Spring arts... read more
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...