Low-digit Del. license plate draws $325K bid
WILMINGTON, Del. — When the gavel finally fell, the winning bid this weekend was from Ray and Donna White. The big prize was the black-and-white Delaware license plate No. 14 — all theirs for $325,000.
Emmert Auction Associates sold the rare relic during an estate sale in Rehoboth Beach, where the state's obsession with low-digit plate numbers was on full display. Two other tags — 457 and 1785 — sold at the auction for $32,000 and $8,000, respectively
But the most coveted prize was No. 14, which belonged to a prominent northern New Castle County family, according to auctioneer Butch... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing