Lowrie, Young power A's past Mariners 6-2
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Joe Saunders couldn't find a good grip on the ball and lasted just four innings in his first start with Seattle.
It could have been worse, the way Mariners manager Eric Wedge saw it.
Saunders gave up seven hits, including five doubles, and Seattle managed just two runners over the final seven innings of a 6-2 loss to the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday night.
"It felt like the balls had some funny stuff on them," said Saunders, who walked four and struck out three. "It just felt like some of them were just taking off. My arm felt good. It was just tough to... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft