Luxury carmaker BMW reports record $6.6B profit for 2015
FRANKFURT, Germany — German luxury carmaker BMW AG has reported a record profit of 6.0 billion euros ($6.6 billion) for last year, a 10 percent increase, as sales grew in all major regions.
The Munich-based company, celebrating its 100th birthday this week, said Wednesday that profits were boosted by stronger sales of its X5 and X6 sport-utility vehicles. It also widened its appeal by introducing the 2-Series Gran Tourer, a family-style van.
Consumers worldwide bought 6.1 percent more of the vehicles with the distinctive kidney-shaped grille, bringing sales to 2.24 million units. Revenues... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House