Lydia Ko and playing partner Michelle Wie at one under after nine
RANCHO MIRAGE -- Lydia Ko, a 15-year-old from New Zealand who won a tournament on the LPGA Tour last year, is paired Thursday and Friday with 23-year-old Michelle Wie, who once contended at the Kraft Nabisco Championship, the tour's first major, when she was 13.
Wie, whose dark ponytail is died red near the bottom, birdied the ninth hole and is one under par, same as Ko. Wie has made only one cut this season and earned a little over $6,000.
While Ko, who is still an amateur and unable to keep her prize money, spoke to the media in a big tent on Wednesday, Wie, who is now a Stanford... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional