M&M's promises new flavors, textures as brand turns 75
The M&M’s candy turned 75 on Thursday. They let USA TODAY take a peak inside their plant in Hackettstown, N.J., which creates half of all the M&M’s sold in the United States.
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — Changes are in store for the millions of colorful, bite-size chocolates that come pouring off conveyor belts at a factory here every day.
M&M's have been one of America's most recognizable candies for decades, but as the brand turns 75 Thursday, it's rolling out a strategy aimed at keeping the chocolates relevant for a new generation of snackers.
Some will be obvious, like new colors,... read more
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow
- 10:50 Trump says he thinks he swayed Macron's thinking on Iran
- 09:42 Trump says hostilities with North Korea improving
- 08:55 Trump 'won't be involved' in special counsel's Russia probe
- 08:02 The Latest: Official says VA nominee may withdraw
- 03:25 SideTrack: Kristina and Patrick Lyons, Laurie David, Catherine...
- 03:10 ASU baseball falls to New Mexico State, ending three-game win streak
- 02:25 Lawyer: Trump ready for role in raids' evidence review
- 01:14 Genetic sleuthing bolsters food poisoning searches