Madonna visits Malawi children's ward
BLANTYRE, Malawi -- Pop diva Madonna held ailing children when visiting an overcrowded children's ward in Blantyre, Malawi's largest city.
Madonna, spending her fourth day in the southern African country Thursday, visited Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital which she has been assisting for five years, through its chief pediatrician, Dr. Eric Borgstein.
Borgstein said the ward performs at least 500 surgeries per year on poor children.
Trevor Neilson, president of the Global Philanthropy Group that is managing Madonna's projects in Malawi, said Madonna is the largest individual donor to the... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat