Madonna visits Malawi children's ward
BLANTYRE, Malawi -- Pop diva Madonna held ailing children when visiting an overcrowded children's ward in Blantyre, Malawi's largest city.
Madonna, spending her fourth day in the southern African country Thursday, visited Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital which she has been assisting for five years, through its chief pediatrician, Dr. Eric Borgstein.
Borgstein said the ward performs at least 500 surgeries per year on poor children.
Trevor Neilson, president of the Global Philanthropy Group that is managing Madonna's projects in Malawi, said Madonna is the largest individual donor to the... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco