Magic Johnson says he supports gay son EJ 'a million percent': 'This is really wonderful for him'
Sports legend and AIDS activist Magic Johnson is being heralded by many for supporting his 20-year-old son, EJ, who is openly gay.
The iconic basketball star, 53, gave a lengthy interview to TMZ.com detailing the conversation he had with his son at "a young age" about being gay and the struggles EJ has faced since.
"We've known for a long time that my son EJ was gay," Johnson explained. "We finally had to sit down and talk about it. I told him, 'Look, I'm gonna love you regardless. Just let me know. Are you, or aren't you?' And finally he said, 'Yes, I am.'"... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow