Mahrez extends Leicester's perfect start in Champions League
LEICESTER, England — Riyad Mahrez made it three wins out of three for Leicester on its Champions League debut, clinching a 1-0 victory for the Group G leaders over FC Copenhagen on Tuesday.
Leicester is in a strong position to reach the knockout phase, holding a five-point lead over Copenhagen and FC Porto halfway through the group stage.
Mahrez's first-half goal ended Danish league leader Copenhagen's 21-game unbeaten run in all competitions. But while Leicester is thriving in European football's elite competition, Claudio Ranieri's team is floundering in its English title defense.... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions