Major events in Trump's decision to fire Tillerson
WASHINGTON (AP) — Major events in President Donald Trump's decision to fire his secretary of state, Rex Tillerson:
Dec. 13, 2016 — President Donald Trump announces that ExxonMobil Corp. CEO Rex Tillerson will serve as secretary of state. In a statement released by the presidential transition, Trump says Tillerson's career "is the embodiment of the American dream" and his "tenacity, broad experience and deep understanding of geopolitics make him an excellent choice for Secretary of State."
Feb. 1, 2017 — Tillerson is confirmed by the Senate on a vote of 56-43. Tillerson... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law