Major events in Trump's decision to fire Tillerson
WASHINGTON (AP) — Major events in President Donald Trump's decision to fire his secretary of state, Rex Tillerson:
Dec. 13, 2016 — President Donald Trump announces that ExxonMobil Corp. CEO Rex Tillerson will serve as secretary of state. In a statement released by the presidential transition, Trump says Tillerson's career "is the embodiment of the American dream" and his "tenacity, broad experience and deep understanding of geopolitics make him an excellent choice for Secretary of State."
Feb. 1, 2017 — Tillerson is confirmed by the Senate on a vote of 56-43. Tillerson... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...