Major events in Trump's decision to fire Tillerson
WASHINGTON (AP) — Major events in President Donald Trump's decision to fire his secretary of state, Rex Tillerson:
Dec. 13, 2016 — President Donald Trump announces that ExxonMobil Corp. CEO Rex Tillerson will serve as secretary of state. In a statement released by the presidential transition, Trump says Tillerson's career "is the embodiment of the American dream" and his "tenacity, broad experience and deep understanding of geopolitics make him an excellent choice for Secretary of State."
Feb. 1, 2017 — Tillerson is confirmed by the Senate on a vote of 56-43. Tillerson... read more
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34