Man accused in fatal shooting of Tempe fire captain says he 'felt threatened'
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
A 21-year-old man accused in the fatal shooting of an off-duty Tempe fire captain said he "felt threatened and justified" in pointing a .40-caliber handgun at the fireman's head and pulling the trigger, court documents show.
Hezron Parks was being held in a Maricopa County jail Monday morning on suspicion of second-degree murder in the death of 34-year-old Kyle Brayer. His bond was set at $300,000.
According to newly released court documents, Parks told police he had been roughed up by security staff at one Scottsdale club,... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...