Man accused in fatal shooting of Tempe fire captain says he 'felt threatened'
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
A 21-year-old man accused in the fatal shooting of an off-duty Tempe fire captain said he "felt threatened and justified" in pointing a .40-caliber handgun at the fireman's head and pulling the trigger, court documents show.
Hezron Parks was being held in a Maricopa County jail Monday morning on suspicion of second-degree murder in the death of 34-year-old Kyle Brayer. His bond was set at $300,000.
According to newly released court documents, Parks told police he had been roughed up by security staff at one Scottsdale club,... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...