Man arrested in shooting that left teen dead, another injured in Phoenix
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of fatally shooting a 14-year-old and wounding another teen during a drug transaction in Phoenix Sunday afternoon, according to court records.
Robert Wells was booked on one count of second-degree murder in connection with the shooting, which took place near a park on 67th avenue and Baseline Road, records say.
Jovanny Pelayo was pronounced dead when officers arrived at the scene of the shooting, which took place just after 1:30 p.m., records state. He was with a 15-year-old boy who also... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve