Man convicted in shooting death of Liberty City woman
Alarmed by gunfire in her Liberty City neighborhood, Blanca Colon went to shut the front door of her home. But as she did, Charlie Thomas — escaping a bloody stick-up next-door — saw Colon and shot her dead, prosecutors said.
Jurors on Thursday afternoon convicted Thomas of first-degree murder for the September 2004 murder.
Thomas, 25, faces up to life in prison. Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Thomas Rebull will sentence him later this year.
Miami-Dade police said Thomas, Nathaniel Roberson, Corey Edwards and two others robbed a man of his gold chain in the back patio... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it