Man dies after crashing at Orlando Speed World
A driver at Orlando Speed World died Saturday night after he crashed his race car at about 140 mph, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
The driver was on its run when the driver lost control, bounced off one wall and then flipped onto its roof, Lt. Christopher Hall said.
Track officials cut the man, in his 40s, from the vehicle.
Orange County Fire Rescue responded and began treating the man.
He was taken to Florida Hospital East where he was pronounced dead.
It happened around 10 p.m. at the track at 194422 E Colonial Dr.
The crash remains under investigation.... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco