Man dies after crashing at Orlando Speed World
A driver at Orlando Speed World died Saturday night after he crashed his race car at about 140 mph, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
The driver was on its run when the driver lost control, bounced off one wall and then flipped onto its roof, Lt. Christopher Hall said.
Track officials cut the man, in his 40s, from the vehicle.
Orange County Fire Rescue responded and began treating the man.
He was taken to Florida Hospital East where he was pronounced dead.
It happened around 10 p.m. at the track at 194422 E Colonial Dr.
The crash remains under investigation.... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike