Man dies while hiking with family on Echo Canyon Trail
A man died Thursday afternoon while hiking Echo Canyon Trail on Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, officials said.
The man had a medical condition that caused him to stop breathing, and his heart stopped just before noon, according to Capt. Jake Van Hook of the Phoenix Fire Department.
Crews rushed up the mountain and began resuscitation efforts but were advised by a physician to stop due to the patient's unchanging condition, Hook said.
Rescue teams were working to bring the hiker off the trail and comfort family members who were with him, Hook said. The man's name and age were not immediately... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...