Man dies while hiking with family on Echo Canyon Trail
A man died Thursday afternoon while hiking Echo Canyon Trail on Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, officials said.
The man had a medical condition that caused him to stop breathing, and his heart stopped just before noon, according to Capt. Jake Van Hook of the Phoenix Fire Department.
Crews rushed up the mountain and began resuscitation efforts but were advised by a physician to stop due to the patient's unchanging condition, Hook said.
Rescue teams were working to bring the hiker off the trail and comfort family members who were with him, Hook said. The man's name and age were not immediately... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...