Man fatally shoots self protecting chickens from coyotes
A 67-year-old Michigan man fatally shot himself Monday in a hunting accident while trying to protect his chickens from coyotes, according to a statement from the Lapeer County Sheriff Department.
The man was found dead in a wooded area of his residence in Oregon Township shortly after 10:15 a.m. Monday.
The man had been hunting coyotes for about a week after hearing the animals and fearing they posed a threat to his chickens. The man fell from a tree stand while holding a loaded shotgun, according to the statement.
He was pronounced dead at the scene off Peters Road in Michigan.
The case... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional