Man reports college scholarship check stolen
An Anniston man told police Monday that his college scholarship and financial aid checks were stolen.
The 36-year-old victim told police he was away from his home from October until February, Anniston police Sgt. Chris Sparks said.
When the victim returned home, he contacted Gadsden State Community College asking about his financial aid and scholarship checks, Sparks said. The college told him the checks were mailed to him and had been cashed, the sergeant said.
The checks total $1,950, according to a police report.
Sparks said a suspect has been named and the case is still under... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold