Man reports college scholarship check stolen
An Anniston man told police Monday that his college scholarship and financial aid checks were stolen.
The 36-year-old victim told police he was away from his home from October until February, Anniston police Sgt. Chris Sparks said.
When the victim returned home, he contacted Gadsden State Community College asking about his financial aid and scholarship checks, Sparks said. The college told him the checks were mailed to him and had been cashed, the sergeant said.
The checks total $1,950, according to a police report.
Sparks said a suspect has been named and the case is still under... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco