Man sets fire to spider at gas pump, sparking blaze
Couldn't he just have flicked it away?
A man with an apparent case of arachnophobia caused a fire at a suburban Detroit gas station by putting a lighter to what he says was a spider near his fuel door.
After he pulled up, "That's when he pulled the lighter out of his pocket and lit it and started the fire," station clerk Susan Adams told local media on Saturday.
The man, who was not identified, escaped injury and his vehicle suffered little damage, but the gas pump was destroyed. Adams shut off the pump from indoors and called the fire department.
The motorist can be heard on... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant