Man sets fire to spider at gas pump, sparking blaze
Couldn't he just have flicked it away?
A man with an apparent case of arachnophobia caused a fire at a suburban Detroit gas station by putting a lighter to what he says was a spider near his fuel door.
After he pulled up, "That's when he pulled the lighter out of his pocket and lit it and started the fire," station clerk Susan Adams told local media on Saturday.
The man, who was not identified, escaped injury and his vehicle suffered little damage, but the gas pump was destroyed. Adams shut off the pump from indoors and called the fire department.
The motorist can be heard on... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House