Man waives speedy trial in missing family case
DELAND, Fla. -- A central Florida man who is accused of killing his wife and her young children has waived his right to a speedy trial.
Circuit Judge Margaret Hudson on Tuesday set a pretrial hearing for June 17.
Thirty-two-year-old Luis Toledo faces second-degree murder charges in the death of his 28-year-old Yessenia Suarez and two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of her children, 9-year-old Thalia Otto and 8-year-old Michael Otto. The children's bodies have not been found.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/OB18Zo ) reports that Toledo is a former gang member.... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...