Manafort asks to move upcoming trial, cites DC publicity
WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is asking to move his upcoming trial out of the nation's capital.
His lawyers cite "intensely negative news coverage" and possible juror bias in requesting that the case be relocated to Roanoke, Virginia.
Manafort was found guilty of eight counts last week in a separate trial in Alexandria, Virginia. His lawyers had also asked for that trial to be held in Roanoke, but the request was denied.
In a court filing Wednesday, Manafort's lawyers said it's hard to imagine any other prosecution that's received "media... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas