Manafort trial to focus on lavish lifestyle, not collusion
WASHINGTON (AP) — The trial of President Donald Trump's onetime campaign chairman will open this week with tales of lavish spending, secret shell companies and millions of dollars of Ukrainian money flowing through offshore bank accounts and into the political consultant's pocket.
What's likely to be missing are answers about whether the Trump campaign coordinated with the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election, or really any mention of Russia at all.
Paul Manafort's financial crimes trial, the first arising from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, will center on his... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'