Manager says Beatles producer George Martin has died, age 90
LONDON — George Martin, the producer who guided the Beatles to astounding heights, has died, his manager says. He was 90.
Adam Sharp of CA Management says Martin's family "would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and messages of support."
Confirmation of Martin's death came after British Prime Minister David Cameron hailed Martin "a giant of music" and Ringo Starr tweets thaed "George will be missed."
Starr also tweeted a picture of the Beatles and Martin and said: "Thank you for all your love and kindness George peace and love."
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes