Maricopa Community Colleges to eliminate football after the 2018 season
The state's largest community-college district will eliminate football after the 2018 season.
Citing financial constraints, Maricopa County Community College District officials said Monday they are ending the district-sponsored football programs at the four colleges that now have football: Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa and Glendale community colleges.
District spokesman Matt Hasson said the decision to eliminate the sport was not made lightly.
“Although this is a disappointment to our student athletes, coaching staff, and football fans, it is ultimately the right decision for the district and... read more
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list
- 09:58 Trump again attacks Obama over Russia