Maricopa Community Colleges to eliminate football after the 2018 season
The state's largest community-college district will eliminate football after the 2018 season.
Citing financial constraints, Maricopa County Community College District officials said Monday they are ending the district-sponsored football programs at the four colleges that now have football: Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa and Glendale community colleges.
District spokesman Matt Hasson said the decision to eliminate the sport was not made lightly.
“Although this is a disappointment to our student athletes, coaching staff, and football fans, it is ultimately the right decision for the district and... read more
- 00:53 US intelligence chief is tough on Russia, at odds with Trump
- 00:53 Amid harsh criticism, Trump tries a tougher tone on Russia
- 00:53 Kentucky's Paul shares Trump's skepticism of US intervention
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'