Maricopa County 'warns' one public defender, drops another after sexual-harassment claims
Following sexual-harassment investigations into two public defenders, Maricopa County has terminated its contract with one and will "coach" the other to stop making "inappropriate comments in the workplace," records obtained by The Arizona Republic show.
County Manager Joy Rich decided Jan. 26 to stop using the services of public defender Roger Margolis, a county spokesman said. The decision came after The Republic requested and obtained public records from the county's Public Defender's Office that showed Margolis had been accused of sexually harassing women for more... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve