Maricopa County 'warns' one public defender, drops another after sexual-harassment claims
Following sexual-harassment investigations into two public defenders, Maricopa County has terminated its contract with one and will "coach" the other to stop making "inappropriate comments in the workplace," records obtained by The Arizona Republic show.
County Manager Joy Rich decided Jan. 26 to stop using the services of public defender Roger Margolis, a county spokesman said. The decision came after The Republic requested and obtained public records from the county's Public Defender's Office that showed Margolis had been accused of sexually harassing women for more... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals