Marijuana dispensary coming to your area? Chances are it didn't go before city council
CLOSE True Harvest has renovated a former Revlon makeup factory in Phoenix into a massive marijuana farm supplying Arizona's medical-marijuana program. David Wallace/The Republic
Metro Phoenix cities each have their own rules for medical marijuana dispensaries, but one is nearly always the same: new dispensary openings don't need city councils approvals.
In 10 Valley cities, from Glendale to Gilbert, new dispensary openings are approved with planning staff or commission approvals.
Chandler is the latest city to implement the less public process. The Southeast Valley suburb recently approved... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...