Mariners' Iwakuma, coming off injury, preparing to throw again
PEORIA, Ariz. -- Hisashi Iwakuma didn't need his translator for the question or the answer.
"Are you happy?" Iwakuma was asked.
Iwakuma's face broke into a wide grin, as he nodded and said, "Yes, yes."
He was soon to be splint free. Earlier on Tuesday, Iwakuma visited hand specialist Dr. Donald Sheridan, who told him the good news that he can soon ditch the irritating plastic contraption that has kept his injured right middle finger locked into place and begin preparing for the 2014 season. Iwakuma will only have to wear the splint during workouts and at night... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'