Mark Wahlberg seeks divine intervention for new casino
LUCK BE...OUR FATHER, WHO ART IN HEAVEN: What does God have to do with organized gambling? The obvious answer that your childhood Sunday School teacher would give is absolutely nothing. But alas, we have to go with Mark Wahlberg. The Dorchester-raised actor recently enlisted the help of a priest to douse his latest investment, Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City, N.J., with holy water and prayers. Wahlberg had The Rev. Jon Thomas of the city’s Parish of St. Monica bless the premises, which was once Revel before going bankrupt and being bought by Bruce Deifik. The celeb, who just wrapped... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump