Mars' mission: Back Obama on cleaner emissions
Like Pope Francis, major corporations around the world are stepping up their calls for governments to take dramatic steps to address climate change.
Among them is Mars Inc., the maker of M&Ms, Snickers bars and other foods, which is well known for its reputation for keeping quiet on most business matters. But when it comes to the environment, the company is outspoken.
"Obviously, there's a lot being talked about regarding climate change at the moment," Barry Parkin, the chief sustainability officer for Mars, said as Pope Francis left Washington on Thursday. "We have a... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing