Maryland Governor shows off scars after cancer surgery
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is showing off his battle scars in what he says is his second successful fight against cancer.
The governor sent out a selfie Wednesday on Twitter showing two surgical scars on his forehead. The accompanying text read "Larry 2, Cancer 0."
Hogan, a Republican, announced last month that he had two patches of basal-cell and squamous-cell skin cancer on his face. He characterized the cancer as non-serious, and noted that it wasn't melanoma, which can be more aggressive.
The governor said the cancer was the result of sun damage from a... read more
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died
- 16:45 Phoenix ranks 9th most unaffordable city for renters, according to...
- 16:45 Bills take aim at Arizona's booming drug rehab industry
- 16:45 Police arrest man they say was impaired at time of fatal Scottsdale...
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool