Mavericks' Shawn Marion underwhelms offensively; why nobody cares
Underwhelming would seemingly be a good way to describe Shawn Marion’s production recently.
At least, that’s what anybody looking at box scores would conclude.
Oh, Marion had 19 points in the win at Oklahoma City on Sunday. But for the most part, he’s been an afterthought at the offensive end, averaging just 8.3 points in the Mavericks’ last six games, five of them victories.
Dirk Nowitzki, Marion’s running mate at the forward positions, couldn’t care less.
He knows the Mavericks probably wouldn’t have beaten Boston on Monday if not for the work the man they call Matrix did at the defensive... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case