Mayor de Blasio's approval ratings drop in new poll
Just 11 weeks after he took office, a new poll shows Mayor de Blasio’s approval rating has fallen, his disapproval rating has more than doubled and a racial divide has emerged in how New Yorkers view him.
The Quinnipiac University poll, released Tuesday, found that 45% of voters approve of the job de Blasio’s doing and 34% disapprove.
That’s a falloff from a Jan. 16 Quinnipiac poll. In that poll, 53% approved and 13% did not.
The decline might be due to some high-profile stumbles, poll director Maurice Carroll said.
RELATED: CITY TO PAY $98 MILLION TO END FDNY DISCRIMINATION CASE
That... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco