Mayor de Blasio's approval ratings drop in new poll
Just 11 weeks after he took office, a new poll shows Mayor de Blasio’s approval rating has fallen, his disapproval rating has more than doubled and a racial divide has emerged in how New Yorkers view him.
The Quinnipiac University poll, released Tuesday, found that 45% of voters approve of the job de Blasio’s doing and 34% disapprove.
That’s a falloff from a Jan. 16 Quinnipiac poll. In that poll, 53% approved and 13% did not.
The decline might be due to some high-profile stumbles, poll director Maurice Carroll said.
RELATED: CITY TO PAY $98 MILLION TO END FDNY DISCRIMINATION CASE
That... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...