Mayor Jim Lane praises Scottsdale school leaders in State of City speech, stays mum on woes
Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane cast praise on the Scottsdale Unified School District, which faces a barrage of complaints, during his State of the City address on Wednesday.
The mayor didn't mention the teachers union's recent vote of "no confidence" in Superintendent Denise Birdwell and the school board. Or investigations into the district's use of outside contractors.
MORE: Scottsdale schools' review of ex-CFO shows conflicts of interest
Specifically, Lane praised academic gains at one of the district's five high schools, Coronado.
"Coronado High School was underperforming... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today