Mayor Jim Lane praises Scottsdale school leaders in State of City speech, stays mum on woes
Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane cast praise on the Scottsdale Unified School District, which faces a barrage of complaints, during his State of the City address on Wednesday.
The mayor didn't mention the teachers union's recent vote of "no confidence" in Superintendent Denise Birdwell and the school board. Or investigations into the district's use of outside contractors.
MORE: Scottsdale schools' review of ex-CFO shows conflicts of interest
Specifically, Lane praised academic gains at one of the district's five high schools, Coronado.
"Coronado High School was underperforming... read more
- 00:53 US intelligence chief is tough on Russia, at odds with Trump
- 00:53 Amid harsh criticism, Trump tries a tougher tone on Russia
- 00:53 Kentucky's Paul shares Trump's skepticism of US intervention
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'