Mayor Sylvester Turner honors 10 civic leaders with first History Makers Awards
Mayor Sylvester Turner will recognize 10 civic leaders Friday at his new History Makers Awards, an event meant to honor Houstonians who contribute to the community by volunteering, mentoring and advocacy.
The event, formed in recognition of February’s designation as Black History Month, will be held at the Houstonian Hotel, and will honor the following Houstonians:
Barbara Curtis of R.A.R.E. Pearls, Inc. Marilyn Douglas-Jones of the Association for the Advancement of Mexican Americans Carol Freeman of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston Dr. Bernard Harris, Jr. of Communities In... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today