Mayor to travel from Cuba to Florida in makeshift raft
A Florida mayor says he's determined to return home from a visit to Cuba alone in a makeshift raft, despite warnings against the journey from the U.S. Coast Guard.
DeBary Mayor Clint Johnson said Tuesday he devised his plan to better understand what Cuban migrants experience when crossing the Florida Straits.
Johnson plans to fly into Havana next month with some pieces for the raft and assemble it there with more pieces he can acquire locally.
While he says he will heed a Coast Guard warning to carry an emergency beacon that can broadcast his location, he insists his that his raft will be... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...