Mayor Turner blasts George P. Bush, state land office over Harvey recovery
Hours after Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush overcame an aggressive Republican primary challenge, Mayor Sylvester Turner put him back on the hot seat Wednesday, saying Bush’s office has frozen city officials out of talks on billions in Hurricane Harvey recovery funding.
Turner said federal rules tied to $5 billion in disaster relief funding for Texas that Congress approved last fall require the General Land Office to consult with local officials in drafting a plan for the use of those dollars, which originate with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Bush and his... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler