Mayor Turner blasts George P. Bush, state land office over Harvey recovery
Hours after Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush overcame an aggressive Republican primary challenge, Mayor Sylvester Turner put him back on the hot seat Wednesday, saying Bush’s office has frozen city officials out of talks on billions in Hurricane Harvey recovery funding.
Turner said federal rules tied to $5 billion in disaster relief funding for Texas that Congress approved last fall require the General Land Office to consult with local officials in drafting a plan for the use of those dollars, which originate with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Bush and his... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions