Mayor Turner letter details concerns about GLO's Harvey response
Mayor Sylvester Turner has expanded on his criticisms this week of Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush and his office's response to Hurricane Harvey in a detailed letter.
Federal rules tied to $5 billion in disaster relief funding for Texas that Congress approved last fall require Bush's General Land Office to consult with local officials in drafting a plan for the use of those dollars, which originate with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The GLO has failed to do that, Turner told the city council Wednesday, saying the agency was "hogging" the money and... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...