Mayor Turner letter details concerns about GLO's Harvey response
Mayor Sylvester Turner has expanded on his criticisms this week of Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush and his office's response to Hurricane Harvey in a detailed letter.
Federal rules tied to $5 billion in disaster relief funding for Texas that Congress approved last fall require Bush's General Land Office to consult with local officials in drafting a plan for the use of those dollars, which originate with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The GLO has failed to do that, Turner told the city council Wednesday, saying the agency was "hogging" the money and... read more
- 10:55 Houston reaches $40M settlement with pension actuarial firm
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...