Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston
Mayor Sylvester Turner has nominated Houston's interim director of finance to that post permanently, lauding her oversight of Hurricane Harvey recovery funding and her 15 years of experience.
Tantri Erlinawati-Emo joined the city in 2007 after four years managing trust reconciliation for Outsource Partners International and rose to the post of deputy director in 2016, when she became the chief financial officer in Houston Public Works, the city's largest department.
She has served as interim finance director since September; council will consider her appointment next week.
Trending Politics... read more
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...
- 12:41 Body of Secret Service agent returning to US from Europe
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...