Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston
Mayor Sylvester Turner has nominated Houston's interim director of finance to that post permanently, lauding her oversight of Hurricane Harvey recovery funding and her 15 years of experience.
Tantri Erlinawati-Emo joined the city in 2007 after four years managing trust reconciliation for Outsource Partners International and rose to the post of deputy director in 2016, when she became the chief financial officer in Houston Public Works, the city's largest department.
She has served as interim finance director since September; council will consider her appointment next week.
Trending Politics... read more
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend