Mayor wants to replace 136 Metrorail cars at the cost of $313 million
Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez recommended Friday that a contract for more than $313 million be granted to the Italian firm, AnsaldoBreda, to replace 136 Metrorail cars.
Gimenez's decision, which he announced Friday in a memo addressed to the county commission, is expected to create controversy because another firm that was also competing for the job — CAF-USA, a subsidiary of the Spanish railroad company Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles — had protested angrily over a similar recommendation made by the administration of the previous mayor, Carlos... read more
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34
- 13:10 Q&A: The debate over the 'right to try' experimental drugs