Mayor wants to replace 136 Metrorail cars at the cost of $313 million
Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez recommended Friday that a contract for more than $313 million be granted to the Italian firm, AnsaldoBreda, to replace 136 Metrorail cars.
Gimenez's decision, which he announced Friday in a memo addressed to the county commission, is expected to create controversy because another firm that was also competing for the job — CAF-USA, a subsidiary of the Spanish railroad company Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles — had protested angrily over a similar recommendation made by the administration of the previous mayor, Carlos... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...